We at Saunders Farm have spent the better part of 30 years designing amazing experiences that are fun, spooky, whimsical, and safe.
Health and Safety 2021- Fall and Winter
This year ALL guests and staff who are eligible for a vaccine must be fully vaccinated* to attend Pumpkin Season and/or Frightfest at Saunders Farm, or The Sawmill at Lansdowne.
*This means having received your second dose of a Health Canada-approved vaccine 14 days prior to entering the festival(s).
While we as a business and as a family believe firmly in the importance of fighting COVID-19 together as a community, following the science, and promoting the value of vaccines, we also respect that some of our guests may not wish to comply with these policies.
Should this be the case for you and you have already purchased tickets to any of our Fall or Winter festivals, please let us know and we will gladly hold your tickets into 2022, no questions asked.
Should you be frustrated by these policies, we appreciate that frustration (as small business owners the last 18 months have been nothing short of frustrating for us, as well) but ask that you remain respectful of our decisions and policies; ultimately, we are following best practices outlined by the province, our local health authorities, and those of similar events and festivals being operated in our city this fall and winter.
Haunting Season, Frightfest, and Sawmill at Lansdowne Policy
All employees must be fully vaccinated by September 24th. This means having received your second dose of a Health Canada-approved vaccine 14 days prior to entering the festival(s).
ALL patrons eligible for a vaccine who are attending Pumpkin Season and/or Frightfest at Saunders Farm, or The Sawmill at Lansdowne MUST;
- Be fully vaccinated. This means having received your second dose of a Health Canada-approved vaccine 14 days prior to entering the festival(s).
- Guests will be required to show a Government or Medical Issued Vaccination Receipt at the gates either through a digital or printed copy. It must list the date vaccine was given and that it was a second dose. No QR codes will be accepted at this time.
- Guests must show Government Issued ID to prove their identity matches their vaccination.
- Wear a mask when indoors or at Haunts and when physical distancing is not possible.
- Removal of a mask is allowed, as per provincial guidelines, when you are eating, drinking, or for other medical needs.
***As children under 12 are not eligible to be vaccinated, they do not require proof of vaccination nor a negative COVID-19 test to attend. They are still required to wear a mask.
If you have questions about the COVID-19 vaccines or need resources to find a vaccination location near you, please check out: https://www.ottawapublichealth.ca/en/public-health-topics/covid-19-vaccine.aspx
If you have a valid medical reason for not being fully vaccinated, please contact the Farm and see the testing policy and steps you will need to do to ensure you will be allowed to attend.
If you are are not vaccinated, you will need to provide a doctor’s note showing that you are exempt from receiving the vaccination. No personal medical information should be provided. You will need to bring this to either Saunders Farm, or The Sawmill at Lansdowne.
You will need to do one of the following test procedures:
- Provide a negative PCR test result within 24 hours prior to entering the festival (This will be at your own expense). Most cities now have the option of taking your PCR test for “leisure” purposes at a cost. These must be official lab results.
- Provide a negative Antigen (Rapid Test) test result the morning prior to entering the festival. (This will be at your own expense). These must be official lab results.
- Every city offers different options for PCR and Antigen tests, which include Shoppers Drug Mart or local public health testing centers and labs.
For questions about other specific scenarios please email us at email@example.com.
Pumpkin Season, Frightfest, and Sawmill at Lansdowne 2021 Entry Procedures
- Comply with the Saunders Farm Guest Health Pledge.
- Each day, bring a printed or digital copy of your Vaccine Receipt. Bring your Ticket & a Mask.
Saunders Farm Guest Health Pledge
We ask that you not attend if any of the following is true for you or anyone in your party:
- Within 14 days before attending Pumpkin Season and/or Frightfest at Saunders Farm, or The Sawmill at Lansdowne, you have tested positive, or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for, COVID-19;
- Within 48 hours prior to attending Pumpkin Season and/or Frightfest at Saunders Farm, or The Sawmill at Lansdowne, you have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., a fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19);
- Within 14 days prior to attending Pumpkin Season and/or Frightfest at Saunders Farm, or The Sawmill at Lansdowne, you have travelled to any international territory identified as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories due to COVID-19.
- We will have increased hand sanitizer stations on-site, and our cleaning crews will do frequent cleanings in high touch areas.
- These policies are subject to change, in accordance with provincial and local guidelines and changing circumstances. We will be updating procedures as necessary as we get closer to opening day- September 25th. For the most up-to-date information check the Saunders Farm website and follow our social media accounts.