WE ARE HIRING!
Haunting Season 2020
Haunting Season & Frightfest at Saunders Farm is the most spine chilling Halloween Attraction in Canada’s capital! Winner of the 2017 Themed Event of the Year for our Haunting Season, we are proud to carry that title and continue to Wow and aMAZE our guests for years to come!
This year we are getting scarier, spookier and even MORE SHOCKING! With Frightfest and Haunting Season fast approaching, we are excited to offer an energetic, diligent, and fun team who strive in making the BEST (or scariest) experience for our guests.
HAUNTING SEASON ACTORS: AUDITIONS
Saunders Farm WANTS YOU!
This August we will begin our auditions for our Haunting Season 2020 cast. These roles are not for the faint hearted. In addition to our famous on-site attractions, we are introducing our first off-site fright site at LANSDOWNE PARK! The Sawmill at Lansdowne will be our SCARIEST and LONGEST haunt yet – we hope that some of you can be part of it!
We are looking for a diverse cast of actors with a variety of skills. Can you sing? Are you double jointed? Can you eat fire? Or are you just plain weird? WE WANT YOU!
Audition Dates & Times:
August 5th @ 6pm-8pm
August 9th @ 2pm-4pm
August 18th @ 6pm-8pm
*auditions will take place in 30 minute time slots in groups of 8 or less while maintaining social distancing.
Interested? Click HERE to fill out your application form and sign up for a time. These will be our ONLY auditions this summer and spots are limited, SIGN UP NOW before you miss out!
AVAILABLE POSITIONS FROM SEPT 26TH-NOV 1ST!
Scare Actors fill our Fright Sites and create the scares by interacting with our guests and following a script. Scare Actors are given a role for the season and chosen, based on their availability & level of experience, to be DAY Scare Actors, NIGHT Scare Actors & THE SAWMILL at Lansdowne Scare Actors.
– Applicant must be 15+ years of age
– Previous acting experience preferred (for The Sawmill, previous experience is REQUIRED)
– DAY Scare Actors must be available every Saturday & Sunday during our daytime hours (10am-5pm) including Thanksgiving Monday
– NIGHT Scare Actors must be available every Friday & Saturday for our night time hours (5pm-11pm) including Halloweek (every evening from October 25th-October 31st)
– SAWMILL Scare Actors must be available EVERY night from October 16th-October 31st for our operating hours (5pm-11pm)
Scare Operators create the behind the scene scares, including pushing buttons, pulling levers, using puppets and more.
– Applicants must be 15+ years of age
– No experience, vocalization or dressing up is required
Street Theatre actors are not tethered to one Fright Site but interact with our guests around the Farm. These actors are given a role for the entirety of the season, however they rely heavily on improvisation within a set character. Street Theatre actors entertain line ups and are often the face of Saunders Farm on our guests’ social media platforms.
– Applicants must be 18+ years of age
– Previous acting experience is required (must be STRONG actors!)
– Improvisational acting experience is an asset
Scream Masters at Saunders Farm manage each Fright Site to ensure they are meeting high standards and the safety of our actors & scare operators.
– Applicants must be 19+ years of age
– Must have open availability every weekend during our season
– Must have management experience
– Previous acting & theatre management experience preferred
– Previous scheduling experience is an asset
Haunted Attractions for our 2020 Haunting Season include:
– The Barn of Terror
– The Coven
– The Haunted Hayride
– Street Theatre
– The Sawmill at Lansdowne
– Stage Show Performers
* If you have any questions about working within one of our Haunted Attractions please email email@example.com!
GUEST SERVICES POSITIONS: INTERVIEWS
The Application for Guest Services positions will be posted soon! Stay Tuned!
Available Positions from Sept 26, 2020 – Nov 1, 2020
- Admission & Greeting
- Amusements & Attractions
- Farm Shop & Sales
- Birthday Parties
- Department Team Leaders (+19) (leadership experience is an asset)
- Food Team (9 food booths)
- Food Booth Team Leaders (+19) (some food experience required)
- Confections & Candy Team
- Make-Up Application (Special Effects makeup experience a bonus)
- Operations & Parking Attendants
- Pub Services & Bartending (Smart Serve & Experience required)
- Safety & First Aid/CPR
- Wagon Drivers (G License required)
- Fall Educational Tours ( Must be available Wed-Fri DAYTIME)
If you have any questions about working within our Guests Services departments please email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Why Saunders Farm?
At Saunders Farm we strive to be the most AMAZING Family Farm in the world. With our vision in mind, we make it our mission to create amazing fun, food, and memories for our employees, and guests alike. We cultivate amazing experiences every day for guests we invite on our farm. We offer a wide variety of activities and events that include; our Summer Maze Season, Group Bookings, Weddings, Birthday Parties, Farm Camp, Student Bus Tours, Corporate Events, Educational Tours, and of course our well known Haunting Season & Frightfest!
Saunders Farm has welcomed more than 1 million guests over the past 29 years! In that time, we have relied on a dedicated group of more than 5,000 Farm Team members to achieve our mission of creating amazing fun, food, and memories. As a family, we are committed to providing a work environment that is safe, inclusive, and accepting of everyone.
- 50% of our staff are over the age of 18 so, if you don’t understand the words “lit”, “swerve”, or “on fleek” you won’t be alone.
- The average Farm Team member can earn over $1,500 working part-time during Haunting Season / FrightFest.
- All Farm Team members receive 2 admit one passes for friends/family, free admission for yourself, 50% off food during your shift, and 20% off merchandise.
Farm Team Testimonials
Endlessly welcoming and friendly, the Farm considers every team member as a member of the family and I’m proud to be a part of it!
Working at the Farm taught me teamwork, problem-solving, and leadership and continues to allow me to express my creativity in a way that’s very fulfilling. Many of the people who I met during my very first year became my closest friends. The experiences that team members take away from working at the Farm are unforgettable, especially for the young people who are lucky enough to begin their working careers here.
Justin Mazzotta, Chief of Applied Sciences
Ghoul School Class of 2002
I’ve been working at Saunders Farm for 6 years and I can’t see myself retiring any time soon! Haunting Season has a special place in my heart and the team has become part of my extended family.
I work in admissions with a wonderful group of people; we look forward to the laughs, good times, and hard work each season. That work ethic has rubbed off on my family with my daughter joining the team a few years ago and now has a year-round position at the Farm. My son jumped on board last year as a tractor driver on the Haunted Hayride. This is such a special place to share amazing experiences with my family and friends.
Carol Gardner, Admissions
Ghoul School Class of 2011
Summer Season 2020
We LOVE that you’re thinking about joining our Farm Team for the Summer Season! Check out all of the amazing positions available!
Our amazing Summer Season Team of 2019!
Join our Amazing Summer Team!
- Summer Season Team Leader
- Farm Shop Cashier
- Summer Maze Team (various roles)
- Assistant Carpenter
- Set Decorator Assistant
- Farm Hands
- Farm Camp Counsellor (First Aid & CPR Level ‘C’ mandatory)
- Special Event Catering Bartending
- Catering Cook
- Special Events Safety & First Aid
- Bakery Lead