Hiring at Saunders Farm
SERVER/BARTENDERS and HOSTS at Saunders Cider
Join our team at The CiderHouse at Saunders Farm as we embark on a journey of discovery and appreciation of a well-known and loved farm product.
Looking for people who are:
– friendly, sociable, respectful, and polite while being comfortable in a hectic fun environment
– honest, hard working team players with an interest in cider and a passion for hospitality and are focused on delivering a-MAZE-ing memorable guest experiences
– experienced in high volume pub, bar, or restaurant settings- able to take pride in doing a great job
– willing to become ambassadors of the spirit of Saunders Farm and Saunders Cider Co.
– able and willing to learn and adapt quickly- possess excellent communication, organization and social skills- able to work flexible shifts
SmartServe required, bilingualism is an asset, Must have own reliable transportation.
Please forward your resume and solid verifiable references in confidence to email@example.com attention to Jeff O’Reilly.
NEW JOB LISTING- Culinary Manager
Come join our creative team at Saunders Farm. We cultivate memorable moments through our food, merchandise, and always-changing, always-fun experiences. Help us achieve our goal to become the most amazing family farm in the world.
Culinary Manager Overview
Responsible for creating exceptional culinary experiences for our guests by managing the kitchen team, making consistently high quality food, and running day to day kitchen operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in overseeing all food service operations and day-to-day operations of the kitchen
- Help create exceptional menus, procure goods and continuously make necessary improvements
- Order and/or purchase goods, supplies or equipment in accordance with established guidelines and in accordance with anticipated needs
- Lead food team by attracting, training and appraising talented personnel
- Complete weekly physical inventory counts, monitor cost and quality of incoming food deliveries.
- Create and update prep lists
- Comply with all health and safety regulations
- Preserve and optimize excellent levels of internal and external communication and customer service
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures, and offer suggestions to improve them
- Oversee maintenance of equipment
- Prepare and schedule weekly food meetings with the kitchen team to discuss and listen to goals, challenges, successes
- Attend weekly management planning meetings to report on food team progress and plan for upcoming events, as well as raise concerns
- Work closely with related department heads to optimize guest satisfaction relative to food and beverage
- Demonstrate and embody the Saunders Farm mission, vision and values
- Other duties as assigned
Culinary Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Excellent Communication Skills, Problem Solver, People Management, Conflict Resolution, Team Player, Leadership, Customer Service, Self-motivated, High Energy, Inventory Control, Attention to Details, Creative, Knowledge of Google Suite
- Ability to lead and inspire your team to make a difference in guest experiences
- 2+ years culinary management experience in a high volume kitchen
- 2+ years cooking experience in large catering or hospitality industry preferred
- High School diploma or GED
Position is Full Time. Hours include daytime, some evenings and weekends during busy seasons.
CASTING CALL: Haunting Season 2021
Calling all actors and Halloween-lovers! We are currently hiring Scare Actors & Street Theatre Actors for our 30th Haunting Season. Scare Techs applicants do not need to audition. Our scariest YET! Here’s what you need to know:
Sunday, August 8th at 6pm OR 6:45pm
Tuesday, August 17th at 6pm OR 6:45pm
Thursday, August 26th at 6pm OR 6:45pm
Sunday, August 29th at 6pm OR 6:45pm
** You must sign up for an audition before arriving and fill out the application.
What to Expect
Auditions are 30 minutes long and group-style. Applicants should expect ice breakers, improv activities and acting games. Only those who are willing to participate, work as a team and bring their very best self will move on to Call Back Auditions AKA Scream Training on September 11th & 12th.
What should I bring?
- Water Bottle
- A Headshot/Photo of Yourself
- Mask (in case audition must be moved indoors)
- Athletic clothing, ready for ANYTHING (must be easy to run around in, you may be asked to be on the ground. Flip flops, skirts/dresses, not recommended.)
- Your BEST performance and attitude!
Role Descriptions & Expectations
Applications for our Summer Season are now closed.
If you have any questions about working at Saunders Farm, please email firstname.lastname@example.org! We will be taking applications for our fall season from August-September. Stay tuned!
We’re hiring YOU!
We LOVE being a first job for so many local teens and part of their successful introduction to the workforce. When applying for a job here at Saunders Farm, we kindly ask that YOU be our primary contact and not a parent or guardian 🙂
Why Saunders Farm?
At Saunders Farm we strive to be the most AMAZING Family Farm in the world. With our vision in mind, we make it our mission to cultivate amazing fun, food, and memories for our employees, and guests alike. We create amazing experiences every day for guests we invite on our farm. We offer a wide variety of activities and events that include; our Summer Maze Season, Group Bookings, Weddings, Birthday Parties, Farm Camp, Student Bus Tours, Corporate Events, Educational Tours, and of course, our well known Haunting Season & Frightfest!
Saunders Farm has welcomed more than 1 million guests over the past 30 years! In that time, we have relied on a dedicated group of more than 5,000 Farm Team members to achieve our mission of creating amazing fun, food, and memories. As a family, we are committed to providing a work environment that is safe, inclusive, and accepting of everyone.
- 50% of our staff are over the age of 18 so, if you don’t understand the words “lit” or “on fleek”, you won’t be alone.
- The average Farm Team member can earn over $1,500 working part-time during Haunting Season / FrightFest.
- All Farm Team members receive 2 admit one passes for friends/family, free admission for yourself, 50% off food during your shift, and 20% off merchandise.
- We LOVE being a first job for so many local teens!
Summer Season 2021
Applications now closed.
Farm Team Testimonials
Endlessly welcoming and friendly, the Farm considers every team member as a member of the family and I’m proud to be a part of it!
Working at the Farm taught me teamwork, problem-solving, and leadership and continues to allow me to express my creativity in a way that’s very fulfilling. Many of the people who I met during my very first year became my closest friends. The experiences that team members take away from working at the Farm are unforgettable, especially for the young people who are lucky enough to begin their working careers here.
Justin Mazzotta, Chief of Applied Sciences
Ghoul School Class of 2002
I’ve been working at Saunders Farm for 6 years and I can’t see myself retiring any time soon! Haunting Season has a special place in my heart and the team has become part of my extended family.
I work in admissions with a wonderful group of people; we look forward to the laughs, good times, and hard work each season. That work ethic has rubbed off on my family with my daughter joining the team a few years ago and now has a year-round position at the Farm. My son jumped on board last year as a tractor driver on the Haunted Hayride. This is such a special place to share amazing experiences with my family and friends.
Carol Gardner, Admissions
Ghoul School Class of 2011