Farm Camp 2020
Join us for an A-MAZE-ING week to remember this summer!
Saunders Farm Camp features farm fresh food, theme days and outdoor adventures everyday! Our campers explore all the wonder and magic of Saunders Farm including farming and gardening, mazes and labyrinths, farm fresh food and its connection to healthy living, performing arts and so much more!
Coronavirus prevention update:
- We are significantly limiting our capacity this year, as well as group size and contact amongst groups. 1 counsellor and 1 C.I.T per 8 Campers.
- We will spread out our campers over 3 buildings (vs. just one) on the Farm including our Pavilion, which is 4 times the size of our Log Barn.
- We will have dedicated cleaning and sanitizing staff and will ensure campers are protected while having an amazing summer outdoors of learning and fun.
- MASKS– Our Saunders Farm Counsellors will be wearing masks during the sign in and sign out times as well as during any times when they are unable to be physically distant. Campers are encouraged to bring a mask and will be asked to wear one when they are unable to be physically distant.
Before and during Farm Camp, we ask Campers and their families to keep their social bubbles small and interactions to a minimum to protect other Campers and our Counsellors.
Camp Hours & Fees
Farm Camp is geared for campers 5-12 years old. Come spend the week at Saunders Farm!
Farm Camp runs daily from 9:00am until 4:00pm. Pre-camp and Post-camp care is available from 8:00am-9:00am and 4:00pm-5:00pm.
- $260 + HST / child (per week)
$210+ HST / child for 4 day weeks (see schedule)
- 2nd child (sibling – use code “camp2kids” for a $15 discount)*
- 3rd child (sibling – use code “camp3kids” for a $25 discount)*
Pre and Post-camp
- $25+ HST / child per week (pre or post-camp only)
- $35+ HST / child per week (pre and post-camp)
*Offers cannot be combined.
Each day at Saunders Farm camp has it’s own fun theme! From Farm Day to Super Hero Day and even Pirates and Fairy Days, the activities, crafts and lunches follow the theme and campers are encouraged to dress up for even more fun! Throughout the week, campers will explore all the wonder and magic of Saunders Farm including farming, Mazes and Labyrinths, farm fresh food, planting, and so much more. Campers will also get the chance to cool off in our Splashpad.
A kid friendly farm fresh lunch will be provided for all children each day. Throughout the week, campers will have the opportunity to eat fresh farm to table meals; learning about all the local ingredients used to make their lunch and how important our local farmers are.
On day one of farm camp, each child attending camp will receive their very own limited edition camp t-shirt to keep. They will use their creative minds to tie-dye the t-shirt however they would like and get to wear their shirt for the rest of the week.
The campers are grouped according to age and the number of children registered in a particular week of camp. Each group of campers will be assigned a counsellor who will stay with them for the duration of the week. Our counsellor to camper ratio is 1:10* *this may be smaller once we determine our final regulations.
- My camper is signed up for Farm Camp and they want to be grouped with their friend.
- We love when friends come to Farm Camp together! Upon registration, there is a section in the Camper Information Form that asks if they would like to be grouped with anyone else registered for farm camp. Let us know the first and last name of your campers friend(s) and we will do our very best to make sure they are grouped together. *if you have multiple campers joining us with multiple friends, please specify which camper would like to be paired with which friend*
- My camper will be turning 5 this summer, can I still sign them up for Farm Camp?
- Absolutely! All we ask that they are able to change into their own bathing suit, eat and go to the washroom without assistance. If they are able to apply sunscreen on their own as well, that is amazing but of course we are always there to help just in case!
- Do you have food alternatives for those who have allergies?
- Of Course! Our kitchen team does everything they can to accommodate every campers allergies and dietary restrictions. Please make sure to make your campers’ allergies very clear upon registration when filling out the Camper Information Form. This way, we can be prepared with substitutions on day one.
- Is there a shuttle bus offered for campers to get to your location?
- Sadly, at this time we do not offer a shuttle service for campers to get to Saunders Farm but we will definitely be looking into it in the future!
- Where can I find my Farm Camp tax receipt?
- The Farm Camp tax receipt is on your confirmation email that you receive after you register for Farm Camp.
The Fine Print:
- Farm Camp purchases are non-refundable
- Campers can be switched into a different week, if there is availability in the desired week
If you have any questions, please contact our Farm Camp Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 613-838-5440.